This is the tragic moment Brianna Ghey leaves her home for the final time.

The 16-year-old schoolgirl was stabbed 28 times in Culcheth Linear Park in Warrington, Cheshire, on February 11 of this year in broad daylight. Two teenagers, identified only as Boy Y and Girl X, stand accused of her murder during the ongoing trial at Manchester Crown Court which today saw the third day of proceedings. They both deny murder and instead blame one another.

Deanna Heer KC has led the prosecution and alleges that the two teenagers, now aged 16 but aged 15 when Brianna died, spent a considerable amount of time plotting Brianna’s murder. The court heard that they discussed killing others as well, before deciding they would lead her to the park, and stab her.

Brianna Ghey leaving her home in Birchwood, Warrington, for the final time (
Cheshire Police)

The Liverpool Echo reported, that a jury of seven men and five women were today played Ring doorbell camera footage which showed Brianna leaving her home in the Birchwood area of the town at around 12.45pm on the day she was killed.

The footage shows the schoolgirl on her phone as she pulls her front door shut, wearing a white hoodie, black skirt and knee-high white socks and carrying a bag over one shoulder. Still on her phone she walks down the path to the gate, then opens it and heads out, still texting as she passes out of sight of the camera.

Brianna headed to meet Girl X and Boy Y after this and was later stabbed 28 times (
Cheshire Police)

This was the final time she left her home. She then caught the number 28 bus from Birchwood Station to Culcheth Library. A statement which was read to the court on behalf of bus driver Kieran Mercer said: "From the moment I saw her, I felt there was something odd about her. I felt as if she was going out of her way not to be seen. She was very timid and quietly spoken. She gave the impression she was just someone who wanted to be left alone."

At 1.41pm, Brianna messaged her mum Esther Ghey to say: "I'm on bus by myself. I'm scared". Ms Ghey texted back "That’s well good". She added in court: "I was really proud of her. I don’t think she ever saw it."

A police officer stands next to tributes at the entrance to Linear Park where Brianna was stabbed (
Getty Images)

Brianna was said to have "last logged onto WhatsApp" at 1.47pm. Girl X and Boy Y were said to have met her at the bus stop before they headed to Culcheth Linear Park. Another Ring doorbell camera caught the trio of teenagers entering an alleyway leading to the park at 2.02pm.

A dog walker later called 999 at 3.13pm after finding Brianna gravely injured. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 4.02pm.

The trial, before Mrs Justice Yip, continues. It is expected to last three to four weeks in total.